Welcome. My name is Jill and in 2006 I converted to Catholicism from the New Age movement. I was heavily involved in astrology and other occult practices for some 20 years. Thru these posts you will learn about my journey. I pray as a result you will be drawn into communion with our Lord, Jesus Christ.


Sunday, February 17, 2013

Occultism, A Poem



Fascination held me fast
Astonished at what had past
The humdrum beat was not all there was
A world beyond yet within my grasp

Entering in
I was adept at the craft
It was plainly true
I could tell
the future and all its travails

Deeper and deeper I journeyed in
Awareness of a greater mind
awed by the power
no sense of shame crossed my mind

But out of nowhere
the darkness came
leering demons
At Me!
like a shot

The battlefield arose, surrounding me
colossal
and
gargantuan
the power marshaled against me
Delphi at my side
whispering lies

But the Ancient One
He walked the sky
Peace eternal and profound
gentle as rain
I was found

Shame laid bare
My choice was clear
the eternal ONE
saved me
from the lies

2 comments:

  1. Jill, even though your last post is Feb 2013 I still wanted to highlight your blog/story. On Mon 10/21 at noon your blog will be highlighted on the St Blog's Parish Twitter/Facebook feed. +JMJ+ John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thank you for leaving a message and I'm so happy about appearing in St. Blog's Parish! I know it's been a while since I wrote last but I've been busy and I'm finishing up a short story I hope to post within the next month. Stay tuned - all of this is true!

      Delete